Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Welcome Aboard & Thanks for Visiting!


::Greetings Everyone::

It has taken me a while to get here - but I'm here (finally). For the past few years (and more so when I became a mom) I have been called the "queen" of deals and sales. Last year before Black Friday hit I sent out numerous email updates to friends and co-workers alerting them of deals that were to hit on the biggest shopping day of the year. My co-workers joke about what's the next best deal I can come up with. I even share my deals with random strangers in the grocery store, alerting them to a coupon found in the store that they may be able to use on a purchase they are making.


So why do all this you may ask?




Well in this tough economy everyone and I mean
E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E is looking to save a buck or two. My theory is "why pay full price for an item that you can get on sale?" Now if you are a gazillionaire then you don't care to save a few bucks (and you probably shouldn't be reading this blog either...). I figured I would put the deals and steals I find where my mouth is and write about them. I am very excited to share with you how to become a savvy shopper. You can still get the things you want, just pay a little less for them.


So how did I become a savvy shopper? I have to give credit to my mom. Growing up I noticed that my mom would ALWAYS carry her little coupon binder with her and she would purchase items she had coupons for. I was too young to understand and I guess I didn't realize how time consuming it all is. Slowly but surely she had me hooked when I saw how much money she saved on groceries just by using coupons. I don't think I really got into being "savvy" until I got married, about four years ago. Being a newlywed isn't easy and we were living in a military town at that time (Virginia Beach) and I did not have a job right away so I started clipping coupons. We eventually re-located to Atlanta (where we are now) and recently had a beautiful baby boy and let me tell you - babies aren't cheap! I think I do it for the thrill. I get a thrill out of finding a good deal and getting things for free or pennies! My husband just shakes his head when I walk in the door with a bag full of stuff and I say "guess how much I paid for this?"



So buckle up, it's going to be a wild ride but I promise you I will provide the most up-to-date deals and steals! Check back later for my first official deal post!



If you come across a terrific deal and would like for me to post it on my blog please email me at momsdealsandsteals@yahoo.com












No comments:

Post a Comment